1. Why should the coastline at Sitges be managed?
2. How could the coastline at Sitges be managed?
3. How do coastal processes affect the Sitges beaches?
4. How and why do beach characteristics vary along the Sitges
5. Why are some Sitges beaches more affected by erosion than
6. Are the Sitges beaches unsustainable?
7. Are the Sitges beaches sustainable?
8. How effective are the coastal management schemes at Sitges?
9. What are the conflicts involved in the management of the
10. To what extent are beach profiles influenced by the
building of hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
11. To what extent is beach width influenced by the building of
hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
12. To what extent have the Sitges beach recovered after the
November 2001 and May 2002 storms?
13. "The closer together the groynes on Sitges beach the
more effective they are in maintaining beach width and therefore
protection". To what extent is this true?
14. To what extent is beach height influenced by the building
of hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
15. "The best form of management along the Sitges coast would be to
allow natural processes to act unhindered". To what extent is this true?
16. "Longshore drift has a greater influence on sediment
budget than movement up and down the beach". To what extent is this true?
17. To what extent have winter storms had an impact on beach
width and height along the Sitges coast?
18. What is the most effective combination of hard engineering
techniques in maintaining beach width in the Sitges coastal area?
19. How do human and physical processes affect the Atlantida
beach at west Sitges?