Coastal Fieldwork Individual Study Titles
1. Why should the coastline at Sitges be managed?
2. How could the coastline at Sitges be managed?
3. How do coastal processes affect the Sitges beaches?
4. How and why do beach characteristics vary along the Sitges coastline?
5. Why are some Sitges beaches more affected by erosion than others?
6. Are the Sitges beaches unsustainable?
7. Are the Sitges beaches sustainable?
8. How effective are the coastal management schemes at Sitges?
9. What are the conflicts involved in the management of the Sitges coastline?
10. To what extent are beach profiles influenced by the building of hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
11. To what extent is beach width influenced by the building of hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
12. To what extent have the Sitges beach recovered after the November 2001 and May 2002 storms?
13. "The closer together the groynes on Sitges beach the more effective they are in maintaining beach width and therefore protection". To what extent is this true?
14. To what extent is beach height influenced by the building of hard engineering structures along the Sitges coast?
15. "The best form of management along the Sitges coast would be to allow natural processes to act unhindered". To what extent is this true?
16. "Longshore drift has a greater influence on sediment budget than movement up and down the beach". To what extent is this true?
17. To what extent have winter storms had an impact on beach width and height along the Sitges coast?
18. What is the most effective combination of hard engineering techniques in maintaining beach width in the Sitges coastal area?
19. How do human and physical processes affect the Atlantida
beach at west Sitges?