- Careful and imaginative planning;
- thorough preparation, including:
- exploratory pre-visits
- briefing of all participants
- use of appropriate, sufficient and well-maintained equipment;
- responsible conduct of the fieldwork;
- productive follow-up of the experience;
- thorough post-fieldwork review...
... to create a purposeful, enjoyable experience through which learning becomes fun.
We recognise that safety is the responsibility of everyone, and that we must act responsibly towards:
- people in our care;
- people caring for us;
- equipment and its use;
- parents and guardians;
- institutions and organisations with whom we deal...
... to ensure a safe and enjoyable fieldwork experience.
We recognise that we are all agents of change. As well as developing a respect for environments, we will take responsibility for our actions and their impact on:
- those we influence;
- the immediate environment;
- those who live or work in the area;
- those who own land/resources in the area;
- the wider world;
- those who have worked here before us;
- those who come after us.