Proportional Circles Chart Maker
This Proportional Circle Chart Maker creates circles scaled and shaded by value to display changes in the relative size of data collected along a transect line or over time. The diameter of each circle and the depth of colour shade is proportional to the data value that it represents.
Proportional circle graphs can be used in fieldwork to display changes in distribution and quantity of many geographic factors that have a distance or time dimension. Examples of possible use include changes in:
- species within a sand dune ecosystem;
- land use categories across a city;
- land use values along a coastline;
- the risk of coastal flooding;
- the risk of crime;
- bedload size along a river channel;
- footfall in a CBD;
- traffic counts;
- the effects of CBD redevelopment;
- the impact of a major sporting event;
- litter across a park or beach;
- quality of life across an urban area;
- perceptions of a retail environment, urban area or urban rebranding.
Enter your data and number of transect sampling points in the calculator below and click the 'Calculate' button. The 'Open Chart' button will open the proportional circles chart in a new window. Hover over the chart to show the image download button.
The size of the circles and width of the chart can be fine-tuned with range sliders. The 'Customise' button enables the modifying of the chart title, proportional circle colours and x-axis title. The 'Show Data' button opens a copy of the data used to construct the proportional circles.
Proportional Circles Chart Creator
Proportional Circles Chart Example
Kite Diagrams Maker For Any Data Entities
Kite Diagrams Creator For Species Distribution and Abundance
Kite Diagrams Barcelona Beach Microplastics Survey Data Entities Example
Kite Diagrams Species Distribution and Abundance Example