Calafell Rural Lodge | Casa de Colonias Artur Martorell
Ctra de Torredembarra s/n 43820 Calafell
The Artur Martorell Rural Lodge in Calafell, Spain has purpose-built facilities and accommodation for educational study groups. It is run by the private Pere Tarrés foundation.
It has a large number of bedrooms (with bunk beds) that sleep 4, 6 and 10 people, various dining rooms, classrooms and activities rooms. Recreational facilities include a clay football pitch, clay volleyball court, swimming pool and a multi-sports area for playing tennis, hockey and basketball.
It is surrounded by vineyards and located a 15 minute walk from the railway station and beach.
The facility has three detached accommodation blocks with the following layout:
- Ground floor: 3 X 4 (2 bunk beds) with bathroom: 12
- First floor: 3 X 6 (3 bunk beds) with bathroom: 18
- Ground floor: 4 X 10 (5 bunk beds) plus 2 X 4: 48
- First floor: 4 X 10 (5 bunk beds) plus 2 X 4: 48
Each dormitory has its own bathroom in an adjacent corridor.
- Ground floor: 8 X 8 (4 bunk beds) with bathroom and 2 x 4 with bathroom: 72
- First floor: 7 X 8 (4 bunk beds) with bathroom and 1 x 6 (3 bunk beds) with bathroom and 2 X 4 (2 bunk beds) with bathroom: 70
The journey time to Barcelona is approximately 40 minutes.
What is included at the Calafell Rural Lodge?
- Full board or half board accommodation.
- Exclusive use of an accommodation block or floor.
- Room and bed allocation at the discretion of the group leader.
- Towels and bed linen.
- Teachers' private study room.
- Classroom equipped with laptop projector and whiteboard.
- Use of all recreational facilities. An outdoor swimming pool is available in the summer months and pool sessions should be reserved in advance.
A qualified lifeguard is available, if required, to supervise the swimming pool. A reservation should be made well in advance. The cost is approximately €50 per two-hour session, but may vary according to availability.