Centre Information Summary Details
Registered Office: local Comercial Oasis 44, 08870 Sitges, Barcelona, Spain.
Status: The Centre is a registered (S.L.) Spanish company that provides Geography, Biology, Ecology and Environmental Field Study programmes, Business Studies and Government and Politics courses and Music Performance tours. All programmes and courses are supported in English.
Tel: 0034 679579178
Fax: 0034 938960240
Teaching Staff: English-speaking, U.K. qualified with additional input from specialist Natural Park staff (see below), and the Barcelona business community.
- the growth and development of Barcelona, including urban renewal, planning for the sustainable city etc.;
- field studies in the Natural Parks surrounding the city including the Garrotxa Volcanic Park, the Ebro Delta wetlands, Montseny, Sant Llorenç del Munt i l'Obac and Garraf;
- field studies in the Collserola and the Delta del Llobregat;
- river and coastal studies;
- geology itineraries;
- the growth and impact of tourism in Barcelona and the Costa Brava;
- sustainable tourism;
- recent agricultural and industrial change;
- the social, economic and environmental impact of rural depopulation.
Teaching level: to A/IB level and G.C.S.E..
Field Study Equipment: Sufficient to equip groups of up to 70 students, including:
- a wide range of maps at a variety of scales;
- digital sensors including pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen etc.;
- abney levels and surveying equipment;
- flow meters;
- soil sampling and testing;
- sieve columns;
- electronic balances;
- global positioning systems.
Classroom Equipment: projectors and computers.
Centre-Produced Books (in English):
- Plant and Tree identification;
- Building Identification in Barcelona;
- The Growth and Development of Barcelona;
- Barcelona by Area;
- Barcelona, the Second Revolution;
- Planning for the Sustainable City;
- Land Use Conflicts in the Ebro Delta;
- The Geology and Relief of Catalunya;
- Teaching Itineraries in the Garrotxa Volcanic park;
- Colonia Sedó: a study of an Industrial Colony.
Duration of Courses: from 2 to 8 days.
Group Size: minimum group size of 10 students. Tariffs vary with group size.
Other Options: Spanish language courses and recreational, activity and cultural options are also available.
Booking Arrangement: provisional bookings can be held for a period of one month; a 15% deposit is required which should be returned with the booking form.
Insurance: Civil indemnity 6 million euros.
Office Location: local Comercial Oasis 44, 08870 Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
Financial Security: BFSC Travel Office CIF B-64932098 is fully bonded with the General Directorate of Tourism of the Generalitat of Catalonia, with the licence GC-001 747 held in the Registry of Tourism of Catalonia.